Tuesday 5 February 2019

A MILLION SNOWFLAKES


Tuesday the 29th of January and the forecast reads “Heavy snow to cover Bristol and the Southwest”. It’s my day off and I’m patiently waiting for the clouds to turn white and the snowflakes to cover the streets. Nothing. Nada! The disappointment is real. The next two days go by and there’s no change in the boring grey moody scenery. 

Fast forward to Friday evening and I’m ready for bed when my housemate walks in telling me it’s snowing. I think it was a matter of seconds before my face got stuck to the window. A smile spreads from ear to ear and I can’t help but go back and forth between bed and window to check the progress before I finally give in and sleep for a couple of hours. 


03:30 and my alarm goes off. Glasses on and I open the curtains. 

“Look Sven, the sky's awake” Olaf said in the movie and is exactly what was happening outside.

All the roofs are now white, a fluffy blanket of snow covers the street and it’s still going strong. I get ready and I’m on my way to work having a feeling the flights will be cancelled and so they did.

My friends and I are on our way back from the airport and we stop by the local coffee shop for breakfast and a cuppa to warm us up. I mean does it get any better than this? Spending the day with friends drinking tea while heavy snow is falling outside. "Lush" as a Bristolian would say.

A quick change and Veronika (my fabulous housemate) and I are heading back out for a walk. It just stopped snowing and the sun is beaming through the clouds making everything look even more beautiful. 


I know not everyone shares the same excitement for snow but to me is just beautiful and it makes me smile out of happiness. I feel like a kid again, the crispy fresh air clears my head and I’m just mesmerised by the view standing on top of the hill. Unfortunately, it didn’t last as long as last year but I’m not complaining. This snowy day was the perfect beginning for the month ahead, filling up my batteries and making so very happy.


Back home with a brew in my hand and The Holiday on the tv. I hadn't watched it before and my friends urged me to since we're spending the rest of the day inside. It's currently on pause as I'm typing this on my laptop but I live for romantic movies so I'm definitely watching it later!

Well darlings, I hope you all had a spare carrot in your fridge for your snowman and you enjoyed the day as much as I did. 

Many frosty kisses, 
Apo xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig