Wednesday 19 July 2017

4 BASIC STEPS TO BEAUTIFUL SKIN



Everyday life can become hectic. Work, eat, sleep, repeat. But where does the time for ourselves come in? It doesn't take much, a simple 4-step skin regime is enough to help you achieve a healthier, brighter, more even complexion.

It works for every skin type out there and can fit into almost everyone’s schedule. Let’s be honest if I can fit it between a 12-hour shift and a minimum rest period so can you. 


Cleanse
First and foremost cleanse. Should be done twice a day - in the morning to wash away any residues from your night time routine along with oils your skin produces during the night and at the end of the day to remove any makeup, dead cells, and sebum that can clog your pores and lead to inflammation. I take it for granted that everyone is doing it so I am not going to ramble about it. Now stop, if you just thought “I don't do that” quit reading, get dressed, run to the closest drugstore and buy a cleanser, any cleanser you like, I’ll wait. 

Are you back? Good! 

There are so many good products out there to cleanse, from mousse to gel and everyone’s latest obsession, micellar water that the options are endless. I personally double cleanse as I found that this works best for me. I suggest you experiment until you find what’s right for your skin. 


Exfoliate
One of the most important things everyone neglects is exfoliating. I'm not talking about scrubbing your face like there's no tomorrow, NO, I am talking about chemical exfoliants. The word chemical might sound intimidating and put you off but let me tell you that: There’s nothing to worry about!

The one I am using is the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid by Paula’s Choice. I have seen such great results straight away. It keeps my skin from becoming oily throughout the day and over time it reduced the size of my pores and kept them annoying black heads from coming back. If you’re not sure what exfoliant is right for you there’s a guide on how to choose yours based on your skin type coming soon so stay tuned. 




Treat
What you want to do next is treat your skin. The same way you treat yourself to a cheeky chocolate you should treat your skin too - sans the guilt. Even though my skin is very oily, at night I am using the Skinesis Overnight Facial by Sarah Chapman to correct and prevent fine lines and the first signs of ageing. It was first introduced to me by my friend Sandra who swears by it. If you see her skin up close there are virtually no pores, I mean if that’s not goals then what is. It has an oil consistency but it sinks in beautifully without clogging my pores and the smell is so relaxing, perfect before bed time. 



Moisturise
An oldie but a goodie. It comes in two sub-steps, one for the eye area and one for the face. It is important to use a separate product specifically designed for the area around the eyes as the skin is up to ten times thinner than the rest of the face making it more vulnerable to damage. For the eyes I am using the Special Eye Gel by Tzimas Cosmetics which is light in texture, feels cooling and helps de puff and reduce my dark circles. Last but not least I hydrate with the Visible Difference Oil-free Lotion by Elizabeth Arden which mattifies my T-zone while keeps comfortable the rest of the face. 


There you have it guys, four simple steps you can easily incorporate into your daily routine. Let me know what’s your skincare regime and what products do you use.

Cheers darlings,
Apo xX
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. wow..this photoshootikng looks so professional ..congratulations to your team..

    ReplyDelete

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig