Sunday 4 March 2018

DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN?


Come on, if you know me just a little bit you know how much I love Frozen. What else did you expect me to choose as a title for this post?

Waking up in the morning and my curtains are closed however I have a weird feeling. You know this feeling that something is different but can't get your head around what that is? I act as everything is normal and while still in bed I check out my notifications. One of them read "All flights are cancelled". If you're new here, I'm a cabin crew, hence the interest for the flights. My excited face takes over my surprised face, I run to the window and open the curtains. Without my glasses, blurred vision and eyes borderline open from my 12hr sleep (don't judge me) I see a white cast over the otherwise boring view from my bedroom window. IT SNOWED!!! 



You guys I'm not kidding you, my excitement is over the moon. I don't know what is that I love so much about it but I do. Maybe it's the memory of my sister and I playing around in the snow when we were younger and my mum shouting from the balcony to go back inside before we catch a cold. Could also be the fact that all the Christmas time - romantic movies I sooo adore are taking place in the most perfect snowy scenery or...I don't know, not gonna think too much about it....I need to go outside and enjoy it as much as I can. 


I step out of the house and the squeaking sound of the snow under my feet is making me smile from ear to ear. My inner children voice is screaming out of happiness. This is so satisfying. Every step is a squeak and I give myself a pat on the back for thinking ahead and getting me a pair of wellies earlier this year. 



I stand there with my tongue out trying to catch the snowflakes and as I look up I realise how beautiful that is. The white clouds, the fluffy ice, the whole experience, is just so magical. I give in the moment and I empty my head from all the thoughts. It's my dream day and I'll make the most of it. My friends are joining me and we play snowball fight until we're out of breath. Before you say something, we're covered in layers of clothes which makes every move a mission ha! After making snow angels we head back in the house...shoes off, kettle on! The cuppa is ready is and I sit by the window taking in the lovely view. 



Is the little things in life that make the difference sometimes. Who would have thought that a weather phenomenon would make someone so happy, yet here I am! We often forget it but every day is unique and we should live it like one.

Keep warm darlings, 
Apo xX
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig