Tuesday 27 February 2018

ALDI CHARCOAL CLEARING MUDMASK


Have you ever tried the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment and wanted to go back to it but can't afford the £40 price tag? I've got the perfect dupe for you. This little gem released by Aldi under their Lacura collection, which is basically their personal care line, is what you need.

We all remember last year's frenzy about the Caviar collection they released and everyone who used the products said they were as good as La Prairie. Now, I wouldn't go that far but I was pleasantly surprised too. What I tried was the Super Lift Gel and the Intensive Treatment Ampoules and I enjoyed them both. You can still find them on the Aldi website or on Amazon.


Back to these days, unboxing it, the packaging feels really luxurious and I personally enjoy the mirror-like effect they went for. I don't know if they were meant for it but the resemblance with the expensive cousin is remarkable. Opening up the jar from the colour to the smell everything reminds me of the Glamglow mask, but the real test is to see how it performs. 

I personally prefer applying my masks with a brush because I can achieve a more even application compared to hands and I also find it more hygienic. The major difference I notice straight away between the expensive rival and this one is how smooth the later feels. If you have tried the Supermud you're familiar with the small pieces of leaves (I think they are) that give the texture to it whereas this one is super smooth, like a cream. 

Top one is the cleanser and the bottom is the mask
After leaving it on for 10 minutes is now completely dry and the colour has changed from dark to a soft grey with black dots. FYI these are supposed to be the impurities drawn out of your skin (I type pulling my "disgusted" face). After washing it off my skin's left feeling really soft and my pores looked minimised. 

After comparing the ingredients of the two masks I need to say that is obvious how the Glamglow has been formulated more carefully and with a bit more "science" behind it. It contains more acids such as Mandelic and Salicylic, offering multi-depth exfoliation compared to the Aldi one that contains only Glycolic and Lactic, enough to offer a mild surface exfoliation I may add.


They also brought out a daily mud cleanser which comes with a pump so that's a thumbs up. The dark paste transforms into a rich lather as you mix it with water and it washes off without leaving any kind of residue. They recommend using it twice a day but I find that will be quite drying especially to those with normal to combination skin type. Instead of incorporating it into my daily routine I will prompt for it on the days off to zhoosh my exfoliation due to the AHA it contains.


The final verdict. I really enjoyed using both of the products with the mask stealing the show though. Would I recommend them? Abso-effing-lutely. At the price of £5.99 WHAT A STEAL is affordable enough for everyone to try it out and enjoy the results thus far only a high-end product could offer. Needless to say, I  have texted all my friend regards my latest find and urged them to go and buy it in store as it's already sold out online. 

I'd love to hear more about dupes that you have found they work or if there's something you'd like me to put to the test.

Keep masking my darlings, 
Apo xX

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig