Wednesday 16 August 2017

BURBERRY FRESH GLOW


The name of a brand that speaks for itself. Burberry. From the runway in our makeup bags.

In 2010 we were introduced to Burberry Beauty, the house’s newly formed cosmetics line under the supervision of creative director Christopher Bailey. The reason behind the brand’s decision to create a makeup range was simply the disappointment they were facing with the makeup on the runways that had to do nothing with what the brand represents. Inspired by the iconic Burberry trench coat, a new makeup line was born, to be worn anywhere and anytime. Nude palette with pretty pinks and a pop of colour now and then. 


Post by post I feel you get to know me a little bit better and it’s time to let you know my two soft spots when it comes to makeup. It’s the duo of bronzer and highlighter. Explaining the first half I think you should know I am a tan junkie. Surprise! But here’s the problem, I rarely tan my face. Imagine how odd it looks, like my body just came back from holidays but my head never left England. LOL! To make THE long story short a bronzer is my everyday must. 
The second half I grew around loving it as I was getting more in makeup-up, it started as something innocent and now we can’t live apart. Once, I heard someone saying “There’s no such thing as too much highlighter” and I stand by it. So on my quest for what I'm gonna get my hands on from the brand it came naturally that it had to be these two products. 


Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base 
Right, this one’s a bit tricky ‘cause it’s not a bronzer but it is. Let me explain. First of all, this product is branded as a base, which I personally find misleading because it’s not a primer and definitely not a foundation, it’s something you could use in between them two to create a base. It comes in two colours Nude Radiance No1 and Golden Radiance No2 which is the one I went for. This little gem transforms my skin right in front of my eyes. It is such a multi functioning product and you could use it in a million ways. Intriguing, right? Keep on reading.
It is perfect for those no makeup kinda days that I wanna throw something on and get out of the house without putting too much effort. It makes my face flawless with a natural subtle glow without being overpowering. I find it super lightweight even for my oily skin and as it is water-based it doesn't clog neither exaggerate my pores while it moisturises. For a “bare face” makeup I will just put the tiniest amount of concealer under the eyes, a strobe of highlighter on the cheekbones and I'm ready to go. 


But not all days are the same. We all have experienced a morning that our skin is not looking the best and we need a little bit more coverage. When that occurs I mix a pump of it into my Soleil Tan de Chanel, swirl the brush around and then I apply blending well on the perimeter of the face. 

It’s such an effortless product to use anyone can incorporate it into their makeup routine. It looks great on any skin colour warming up your natural tone, can be mixed with your foundation for a glow from within and can make an excellent highlighter for darker skin tones, hence the multi functioning I mentioned earlier. 


Tip: Don’t layer it over oily products because you’ll see it breaking down due to its watery consistency. 


Fresh Glow Highlighter
I’m holding my excitement and I’ll take you through some details before going in on how the product performed. (Like the word excitement didn't give it away already!) It comes in four colours White No1, Nude Gold No2, Pink Pearl No3 and Rose Gold No4. I was torn between the last two but I decided to go for the Rose Gold as all of my other highlighters are towards the cooler tones. 

I was really hesitant about spending that much money on a highlighter since it’s not something I was using every day and only recently fell in love with. Also, I need to mention that there are so many highlighters in the drugstore that they perform great, sometimes even better than the high-end ones. As I was on the fence I decided to do a little research and there it was, Jeffrey Star reviewing it as one of the best highlighters. I mean if it’s good enough for Jeffrey Star…

Did I buy it? I did! 
Did I like it? Man, I DID!!!



This powder highlighter is gold on my cheekbones. Like literally…and metaphorically. It has the perfect gold shade without being yellow or coppery and it’s not too metallic either as a lot of the glow comes from tiny shimmer particles. I don’t know what they’ve done with the formula but it performs like a baked highlighter even though it’s not, it’s really fine in texture and it doesn't look cakey at all. I know some times very reflecting highlighters can look a bit dodgy like you painted a line with a gold sharpie but with this one that’s not the case. 
My only warning is if you’re not about the blinding highlighter stay away from this one. If there’s one thing I wouldn't call it that’s subtle - the glow is real you guys. The second I put it on, My cheekbones are coming to life. Hi cheekbones :D 

Also, when I first opened it and looked at the lace pattern I was mesmerised. It is so damn beautiful I didn't wanna touch it in case I ruin it. It comes in a black velvet pouch with a small brush like most of the products out there so I was quick to put it aside. We all know they are not the best but when I picked it up to put back in the pouch I felt the bristles and I was shocked at how soft they were. They have nailed every small detail and it really does make a difference. 


For the story, the first time I tried it I was in London with two of my best friends getting ready to go out and I had a jaw dropping moment. They both laughed at me at first and but I urged them to try it. Little do I need to say that night we were glowing head to toe. 


Overall I find that both products work great and do what they promise and they definitely worth the hype. I also went ahead and bought the Light Glow Blush for my sister and from what she said it’s gorgeous. Have you guys tried anything from the brand? If yes how did you like them? I’d love to hear your opinions.

Cheers darlings, 
Apo Xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig